Thursday, August 5, 2010

Remember Me...



Watched the movie Remember Me yesterday and it made me cry... Like for real...  Although the movie is quite a slow paced one, but it has a lot of lessons to learn from character.. Each character has their own story to tell.. A romantic drama directed by Allen Coulter who also directed some of the Sex in the City episodes... A MUST WATCH!!


This movie actually gave me ideas and I can't wait to let it all out on my blog.. 


"Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it anyway"


Then why regret doing things in life?? I used to ask myself why did I ever rejected the offer to University Malaya... What it would feel like to be in one of the prestigious university in Malaysia.. But then, I turned down the offer and when to St Joseph's School for Form6.. And guess what?? I didn't regret it at all.. I met new friends, new interest and experienced new things... Maybe I wouldn't had that much awesome friends if I entered  University Malaya.. 


The KOCs...



My silly friend called Captain Maurice..


And not to forget my favorite shoulder to cry on... Melina..


But, when something is put right in front of you... Just DO it... You'll never know what it would turn out to be.. I thought I would fail STPM but I didn't.. Although I don't have any University to go to now, I'm not afraid of what's gonna happen in the future.. Things happened for a reason.. A good reason altogether.. It may not look awesome and cool now but there's something waiting for each one of us as long as we're all willing to wait... 


So, now I'm gonna challenge myself to do the things that I like even though my parents or other people might judge me... Coz you only get one chance to do something and one life to live... We ain't cats with nine lives you know?? So we gotta make full use of it kan?? I'm gonna put up a list of what I gotta do and hopefully I can fulfill them all... 


Life is short.. Like seriously.. When you reach your 80s like my granny, you gotta be thankful.. Not many people can live that long and stay healthy.. Which reminds me of the late Michelle Helen.. Lord, I miss her.. We all thought it was a joke or a prank when we heard that she passed away.. 


It happened when I was in Form4 (2006).. 1st March (Ash Wednesday)... We planned to go to church together.. So I messaged her and told her to meet me at the entrance of the church.. I waited for her to come but the mass started so I messaged her, telling her to message me when she arrives.. Then, the mass started.. Still no Michelle... So I thought she can't make it or something.. 


Till I got a call from another friend, Grace Lulo... First thing that came to my mind was maybe Michelle's hand phone ran out of credit so she would use Grace's hp to contact me since Grace goes to the same church too.. 


So I answered the phone and I heard Grace sobbing (I thought she was laughing at first).. And she said that Michelle had passed away.. I actually couldn't believe what she said so I asked her to call back again.. After I hang up the phone, I had no clue what was going on and I'm in shock (for real).. It's like your heart was pounding really fast and you have no clue what to do next.. I just turned to my friend and told her the news.. Grace called me again and I asked again... And she said she wasn't lying and that Michelle's sister called her and told her about it..


Immediately, I called my dad (who was at church at that time) ans ask him to meet me outside the church.. I ran to him and told him.. Even my dad didn't believe what I said.. So, he allowed me to follow Grace to Michelle's house.. 


Grace's parents picked me and Tasha and we went straight to Michelle's place.. The funny thing happened in the car was Grace's mum's attempt to cheer us up.. Which failed... She said "At least Michelle don't need to go through SPM".. Not funny at that moment btw... 


Anyhoo, we arrived at her place and there she was.. Lying there.. Pale... As other friends came, we all stared at her thinking she would suddenly wake up and say "GOTCHA!!!" or something like that.. As days passed by, we finally accepted that it was a prank or a joke.. It was real.. Our dear friend is gone... Gone to a better place.. Who would have thought that at the age of 16, you would actually attend your friend's funeral?? 


Four years later, it still feels like she's there every time I visit her grave.. I still wonder from time to time how would she look like now.. Who's her first boyfriend?? Where will she continue her studies?? It would be different.. Way different.. 


That made me think, don't wait to do the things that want to do.. And when you love someone, don't be afraid  to show it before it's too late... Back to the movie Remember Me, it took the father the death of his two sons to make him closer to his daughter who apparently was the only one left.. SO, lesson learnt?? Yes? No? 


To Michelle, We all MISS you and wish you're here with us.. LOVE you TO THE MAX and see you soon... 






Michelle and her "boyfriend" aka Natasha


XOXO... 

1 comment:

  1. i cried reading this missy.. i miss her too.. well, she's in better place now. no crap to think of. Rest in Peace Chelle :)

    ReplyDelete