Monday, August 2, 2010

berTERIMA KASIH...

"Be grateful for the home you have, knowing that at this moment, all you have is all you need."
-Sarah Ban Breathnach-

I know this sounds weird coming from someone who practically complains about everything in her life and its like i'm contradicting myself or something... 

But I've learn to appreciate the little things you have when I heard things from my friends like "I miss Kuching" and "I miss home" when I'm literally stuck here at home. Some of my friends are homesick and craving for home cooked food while I'm at home eating my mama's awesome, cheap and amazingly delicious food. 

Last night I watched this Youtube series called funemployed. Its actually quite funny and all the actors and actresses are all Youtube stars like Kevin Wu. The series started off with two dudes who both got fired on the same day. So, they tried looking for new jobs and all. 

Skip to the interesting part. One of them got really depressed and his friend started growing a beard (become wise) and said.... 

"Look at all the good things going for us.. We're young.. We're healthy.. We're bachelors.. " 

And I'm like.... Damn.. That's so true.. 

Being healthy is like awesome.. I mean.. Can you imagine if you're sick and you can't do what other normal can do??? Like for example, you can go out cause you get tired damn fast and you faint all the time. So, you go to cool events like Rainfest and all that. Kan??? 


And what about food?? Thank God for food.. and MCD... I have a friend who actually said "I've never been to McD".. And I'm like "NO WAY!!".. So I had to bring her to McD... Well, maybe that's okay but what about people in India?? Some of them don't even have plates to eat.. They actually eat from this huge kuali or something.. And not mention those in Africa... Poverty is like a disease... Spreading here and there.. I pity those kids who only eat once a day if their lucky.. While I have a cat who eats more than five times a day... 


Being young is another thing.. You'll miss those young days when there is nothing you need to worry about.. No bills... No jobs to think about.. Carefree and living the life.. Not to mention it's okay to do mistakes when we're young.. As we get older, we face more problems.. Especially health problems.. I remember last time I was like "I'm not allergic to anything" and I don't have to worry about medications and stuff like that... Im just 20 years old this year and I have acute sinus.. The irony.. 

The roof on top of our head??? Some people do live in boxes okay... And we shouldn't laugh about this matter.. Especially in the States where some people can't afford to pay their mortgages and they end up living in tents... Recession is getting worst and we should start being thankful no matter how small our houses can be.. 


Last night, I talked to Capt. Maurice Wee and I actually said "A man with an annoying wife would wanna be single like us".. HAH! So true.. Commitment is crazy and hard.. Need a lot of guts to do it.. Kudos to those who have an amazing relationship... But some of us do think that being single with no strings attached is way better.. 

Oh well, I can go on and on about this.. We're just gonna cross our fingers and just thank the little things we have.. 

When parents nag, thank God that their still alive.. 

When food taste like shit, thank God that you can even hold or even see food..

When you look into your closet and you don't know what to wear, thank God for even having a closet...

And when you wake up feeling down and sad, thank God for even waking up and having the chance to have another day.. 

Owh ya.. When you feel alone and life sucks at that moment of time... Remember this.. 

"So now, alone or not, you've got a walk ahead. Thing to remember is if we're all alone, then we're all together in that too."
-P.S., I Love You-

Til next time.. 

XOXO... 

6 comments:

  1. Aww... Its a great post to motivate people when they're down. I feel better already! The quote is something I like best! I just wrote that down and stuck it to the wall :-) I'll never feel alone ever again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww... glad that the post made you feel better... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i didn't know u get something from watching Funemployed series hahaha, im suprised :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha!! ya... i was quiet coz i was absorbing what they said.. even though they look and sound like idiots.. they're kinda smart.. wait.. i x know what im babbling abt.. haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up! all hail mama anne! :D:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete